Sunday, September 5, 2010

God's Man

Being a preacher is more than correctly handling the Scripture.  It is a life of prayer and spiritual discipline.  I do not want to come to the end of my life and say, "I wish I'd prayed more." God's man is not a hireling to be at the beck and call of man, we are serving God.  I'm not on man's errand, I'm on God's errand.  I go to men from God.  I'm not my own.  Pray I'll not get distracted by "good" things and neglect the BEST thing.  Being His!

There are times when I just want to be with God.  I'm not always looking for a deep truth.  I yearn to just be with the King of the universe.  The more I know Him, the more I want to be with Him.  That is why I burst out with passion when I preach.  I will not apologize for this passion or try to stifle it.  I need prayer more than ever.  I yearn to know so much more about God and His character.  Please pray less of me and more of God!

I cannot imagine a day without God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment