Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Adoption Update


Thank you to those who have been praying for the adoption of Josiah. We are getting closer and more and more excited about bringing him home. The first several stages of this process we call the paperchase are behind us. Unless there is a bump in the road, we should be getting Josiah before the end of the year. We pray it will be sooner rather than later!
Rebekah and I want to thank all of you who have supported out adoption and lifted us up in your prayers. The Lord has placed this calling upon our lives, and we see this adoption as a way of bringing God glory. There are circumstances that the Lord has used to bring us to this place. Honestly, some of those circumstances have been very painful and heartbreaking. I do not know how we would have made it through these times without the grace of the Lord being upon us. I have truly been blessed!
We will be doing some fundraisers in the coming months. If you would like to help us with a fundraiser, please let us know; we would love for you to be a part of this process with us. If you would like to help us through M.U.D. Ministries, you can do so and receive a tax deduction. You must place on the check: SUGGESTED USE—ADOPTION.
I am so thankful that through Christ God has adopted me into His family. I was a total stranger. Actually, I was rebelling against Him. A wicked sinner. While I was all of that, He sent His Son to pay my fine on the cross at Calvary. I am forever grateful to my heavenly Father that loves me. I cry out to him regularly for help and strength. He always provides what I need. I thank God that my adoption was God’s idea!

“He predestined us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.” Ephesians 1:5-6 (KJV)

Our adoption into God’s family is the greatest thing that could ever have happened to us. I am not alone! I have not been abandoned! There is life after death! Through Christ, the Children of God have experienced the death of death!
We are adopted into God’s family through faith; we will never be alone. We have a Father in heaven who loves us, and that eternity is only the beginning of our lives.
Rebekah and I believe that human beings are created in the image of God, and this forces us to place a high value on human life. Every child deserves to be raised in a loving home with a mother and a father. It was never God’s original intentions for there to be 147 million orphans around this world. This is a result of man’s fallen nature and evil exposing itself on earth, destroying the fabric of the family.
I want to encourage you to think about adopting or supporting adoption. If only 7% of professing Christians around the world would adopt, every single orphan in the world would have a home. I realize that many orphans cannot be adopted due to their particular country’s laws. In some cases, it is more feasible to help support Christian orphanages. I am committed to doing both. Will you join us? Will you support literal adoption and Christian orphanages? M.U.D. Ministries has an avenue for both! To God be the Glory!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,

    Great to see you blogging, I have read a few of your previous blogs, and I am glad to see you promoting family in such a strong way. There is no doubt that the divison of family in the realm of education and church is from the adversary (at least in my mind). Praying for your adoption journey.
    ps, I don't know if you meant for it to be, but it is quite a process to comment on your blog

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement brother!

    I pray that the posting is easier now. I am leanring!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete