Monday, August 30, 2010

From Eric

There is nothing to be bragged upon except the Lord Jesus Christ! He is all that we can boast in because we know that every good thing, every good deed, every act of obedience is a work of His grace. I praise the Lord for His mercy and love for me and my family every day. There is nothing that I find more encouraging than the Word of God! My strength comes from Christ and my very best is nothing apart from His wonderful amazing grace!

The Lord has been very good to M.U.D. Ministries and the Hixon Family. We do not deserve any good thing to come upon us, and it is all for His glory that we have been allowed to serve in a full-time manner for the past 7 years. God laid it upon our hearts to serve Him and to live by faith, and we are very grateful to the Lord for His blessings. When I had the very first meeting with some prayer warriors concerning M.U.D. Ministries, I knew that the Lord was impressing upon me to never turn down an opportunity to serve the Lord based on a church’s financial ability or size. Many modern evangelist have been convinced that they are “worth” a certain amount or deserve a certain size crowd to hear them. I cannot see that as the example of Jesus or Paul. They did talk to the crowds when the opportunity arose, but Jesus also talked to the woman at the well and many other smaller groups as well. Our confidence has never been in our ability or our worth. The confidence I have is in the Gospel.

The fact is that people let us down. There is nothing we have apart from Christ, and I promise you, friend, we can count on Him! The fact is that God doesn’t need M.U.D. Ministries or Eric Hixon. There are no great ministries or great men of God—only wicked sinful men that God has redeemed for a work that will bring Him glory! I have found that the church in America can be very man-centered, and we are paying the price for such a focus. Let us repent of any man-centered attitude or self confidence, and let God’s people be committed to doing God’s Work, God’s Way, for God’s Glory!

I am asking you to please pray for God to raise up people that have a heart for Biblical Evangelism. If God chooses to sustain us, it is totally undeserved and a work of grace. We have not places our confidence in man, but in Christ! Please know that we appreciate all your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment