Thursday, March 3, 2011

From Eric

I pray that this month’s newsletter finds you growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. It is our personal, Biblical, and experimental knowledge of Him that shapes our lives. The Lord has used these past several weeks in my life to compel me to follow Him at all cost. I know that I need a greater and clearer vision of Christ that I may be more transformed into His image. My prayer is that my life will be a testimony to others of the transforming power of Christ!

There is much advice to be taken in as we go through life’s trials. There are those that are “experts,” like in David’s day when he faced Goliath, that will tell you just what you need to do to win the battle. They have strategies and methods which seem to work so well in the world that they will urge you to use. Some would have you dress up in unbiblical armor to the point that you cannot even walk the path of faith—let alone run the race set before you.

I have done much evaluating of all that M.U.D. Ministries has been involved in, and I have looked at it in light of Scripture. We are making some changes that we feel will be more honoring to God. I have a group of Godly men that serve on our Board of Directors, and I am spending much time in prayer and in the Word of God to direct our ministry. In the future, this may mean that we may be smaller, but I believe we will be much stronger.

My family and I are very thankful for the opportunity to serve. The mission field in Nicaragua and the United States is vast. God is working through His servants, and people are being saved! What a privilege to be serving our King, Jesus! In the coming days, our family will be growing again. Jonathan and Josiah will be with us soon, Lord willing.

The adoption is stretching us, to say the least. We have been through more than most of you know in this process. Our experiences have included attempting to adopt from Nicaragua and being so close and having the door shut at the last minute, a very difficult time with foster care and adoption here in the U.S., then the long wait for approval for adoption from China. The Lord is blessing us with not one, but two precious sons. It seems almost unreal but so real you can taste it!

Please pray for us as we strive to honor our Savior in all that we do as a ministry and as a family. Your partnership is making a difference, and lives are being changed for eternity! Thank you for sending us out to fulfill the Great Commission!!

No comments:

Post a Comment