Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rebekah's Dad

Bill Nesmith, my Father-in-Law, went to be with the Lord Saturday morning.

Paw Paw Bill as I called him, was in the hospital with pneumonia but was expected to come home soon when he fell in the hospital room and suffered injury to his head Friday. He died yesterday morning. To say this is such a shock is an understatement.

He will be missed greatly by my precious wife and children. I thank the Lord for him and the love he had for his family. I thank the Lord that our last conversation was about the Gospel and the joy of knowing Christ. We talked about John 17:3.

This is eternal life, to know the one true God and His Son, whom He sent, Jesus Christ.


I grieve for my wife, and I am encouraged by her faith in God's Word. She wanted so deeply for her daddy to meet his adopted grandsons. I pray that they will come to know Jesus as their Savior and have true eternal life.


Eternal life is not place, it is a relationship with God and His Son! I am thankful for eternal life this morning!!

Even though they will not meet Paw Paw Bill this side of heaven, I know that he would have loved them! He sure did love his grandchildren!! Please pray for Rebekah as she and her brother work through the many things together. Pray that it builds their love for each other and strengthens our family. For a good picture of Rebekah and her dad visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment