Monday, July 5, 2010

Ready or Not...HERE WE COME!!

by: Eric Hixon

In only a few hours, between 120 and 140 Short-Term Missionaries will converge on Fort Payne, AL. To my knowledge, this is a first for this area. We will be sharing the gospel with hundreds of people and doing some light construction work for a few select individuals. This project will go through Friday!

We need you to pray for God's mercy and grace on each missionary. Pray that we all of the work that has gone into coordinating this project will be helpful. Shawn Doss, my National and International Ministry Coordinator has put countless hours into this mission project. We will now trust the Lord to guide us as we serve Him this week.

Each day, please pray that God will open doors for the Gospel to be shared and for hearts to be opened. Each missionary has been studying and training to share the Gospel Biblically and take advantage of every opportunity God offers to them. I doubt that Dekalb County, AL has every seen such a missions event in their own County. Please pray for souls!

Every evening, I will be preaching, training, and equipping these missionaries to do the task that the lord has set before them. I need your prayers as well. This week will be busy and Shawn and I will be going non-stop most of the week. I'll try to keep updating as I go along! Thank you for your prayers!

I have also attatched a link below to a newspaper articel done by the Times Journal, a local Dekalb County newspaper.

The Times-Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment