Monday, May 24, 2010

Am I Called to be Balanced?

I am still in awe of what the Lord can do! Since God called me to vocational ministry I have had a vision of reaching the lost and equipping the Saints for ministry. God has honored our efforts and there are times when I can’t believe the opportunities the Lord gives us to serve.

I was asked recently when I was sharing with a brother about all that our ministry is a part of. He asked a common question, “How do you find balance in all that you do?” I thought a moment and said, “I probably am not very balanced.” It might sound braggish but I do not mean it that way at all, but I do not find many men in scripture or in Christian history that the Lord was using that lead a “balanced” life.

I am called to give my all to the Lord and that is my desire. When the Lord is finished with me, I look forward to my reward. Being with Jesus and worshipping Him forever!

In a small book called Sacrifice, Howard Guiness wrote this in 1939.

Where are the young men and women of this generation who will hold their lives cheap, and be faithful even unto death, who will lose their lives for Christ’s, flinging them away for love of him? Where are those who will live dangerously, and be reckless in this service? Where are the men of prayer? Where are the men who count God’s Word of more importance to them than their daily food? Where are the men who, like Moses of old, commune with God face to face as a man speaks with his friend? Where are God’s men in this day of God’s power ?

That is living….to serve the Lord with all that I am and to train my children and others to do the same.

People are dying. People who have never heard the Gospel of Christ. That bothers me and keeps me awake at night. Christ is not valued supremely by the majority and someone must equip and train others to take the message of Christ to future generations. If the Lord tarries, the generation to come needs voices of truth that will not compromise or water down the Gospel for the sake of unity. Revival never has brought unity to anyone accept Christians. Jesus gave us the heads up on that truth!

I have learned that the majority is seldom right. The Gospel that I preach and you stand on has been handed down by the bloody hands of martyrs. I thank God for those men. I pray that I will always be faithful to preach the truth.

It seems that many people respect those men of God who stood firm in the faith and they highly esteem them as mighty men of God. Who says that those men are confined to hundreds of years ago?

We are in a crisis in this country because of a lack of spiritual reproduction. We must pray for and equip workers for the field because they are white for harvest. Let us raise the banner of Christ and give our lives for His service!

Recently, I had a man tell me that I took the Bible to seriously. I asked him if he thought that God would scold me for doing that. I received no response. I will tell you, I do not believe that God will chastise us for taking His Word seriously. I think he will honor us for doing that and we will never regret it.

Let the World be balanced and we as God’s Children live for our King as if He is returning in moments. For you know that He could!!

No comments:

Post a Comment